Overview This course specializes in scientific study of food. Topics covered including study of food made of animals, plants, or other products.
Learning Overview • Research on food ingredients
• Learning of food nutrition, taste, preservation period, and food processing feasibility.
• Research on developing food products with higher, more beneficial and stable nutritional value, through microbiological, biochemical, genetic engineering, and technical researches, to have a diversified food products
Job prospects • Food scientists, researchers, and food safety examiners. Employment: Ministry of Health, MARDI, PORIM, LKIM, and LKM etc.
• Food R & D, quality inspection and control, microbiologist, food product marketing, administration and related careers. Employment: Food product companies, food production factories.
Local universities and institutions which offer this course National institution(s)
• UKM Bachelor of Science in Food Science and Nutrition (Honours) - Ijazah Sarjana Muda Sains Dengan Kepujian (Sains Makanan dan Pemakanan) Bachelor of Science in Food Science and Management (Honours) - Ijazah Sarjana Muda Sains dengan Kepujian (Sains Makanan dan Pegurusan Perniagaan)
• UPM Bachelor of Food Science and Technology - Bacelor Sains dan Teknologi Makanan Bachelor of Food Research - Bacelor Sains Pengajian Makanan
• UMT Bachelor of Food Science in Food Service and Nutrition - Sarjana Muda Sains Makanan (Perkhidmatan Makanan dan Pemakanan)
• UMS Bachelor of Food Science in Food Science and Nutrition (Honours) - Sarjana Muda Sains Makananan dengan Kepujian (Sains Makananan dan Pemakanan)
• INTI International Education Group
Admission Credits Requirements. Please refer to "National College Careers Advisory Service" for course admission credits on http://www.quansheng.org/
Copyright EduGuide Malaysia 2010. All Right Reserved.